[dundee] Old laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300)

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Thu Jul 5 10:38:45 BST 2007

I know that other spec would make a difference, however I'm not entirely sure on a lot of the specs (half of it wasn't set up in windows so I couldn't check) and from googling provided varying results. Most agreed on a 600 MHz Intel Processor (some said Celeron, some Pentium) and 128MB RAM.
Something that I found perplexing was the Hard Disk, they all claimed to have in the region of 10-12GB whereas I know that this one has only 2GB. I will look  into the possibility of getting a slightly bigger hard disk from CEX or somewhere.
Thanks for all your suggestions, so far I haven't got very far, I started choosing packages for Arch Linux (I had the CD lying around) and I've downloaded the newest Vector.
I just also got lost looking for an older ISO of Vector, I don't think I want the SOHO edition and all the other ISOs I can find are all 5.8. I'll try the 5.8 and hope for now and keep looking for an older copies of Vector and get, say Slack and FC ready just in case too :)
I'm not too sure if my mum has ever used winME so I might skin it as close to 'doze as I can and if she notices anything say it's winME :P

Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com