[dundee] Supported USB audio interfaces/cards

chris wyllie cgwyllie at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 9 01:54:07 BST 2007

Hey folks, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a cheapish(sub £150) USB or
Firewire audio interface(or soundcard) that has reliable linux support. I'm
lpanning to start recording some of the stuff I play in a band with my
laptop however it only has its little headphone/mic sockets and I realised I
need some othr I/O interface for putting lines/mic's/guitars through so I
can record them.

My problem is: which one will work relatively easily? I've yet to seek any
advice from the likes of soundcontrol/rainbow but I don't know if they'd
know about linux support anyways. Google is proving rather difficult on this
issue(which is un-nerving) and i can't find a definitive list of devices
that work reliably.

So, does anyone else do sound recording on a laptop with an external
interface? Please tell me your secret =)

Thanks and goodnight