[dundee] Dedicated Servers

Lee Turner lvturner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 09:31:42 BST 2007

Hi all
I'd like to heartily recommend contextshift.co.uk as a provider of VPSs it's
a very small and friendly company, and I've found no performance issues
(which tend to be peoples first concern with a vps) and my current uptime is
478 days.

Apologies if this sounds like spam - but I assure you, I'm just a very
satisfied customer! :]

Cheers

Lee

On 08/07/07, Gordon Dunlop <gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> An interesting article here:
>

> http://www.ircmaxell.com/articles/hosting/high-performance---on-a-budget.html
>
> If you get 2 emails, I accidentally pressed send before I was finished,
> emails are my bane.
>
> Gordon
>

> William Cameron wrote:
> > Hey Guys,I'm interested in getting a dedicated server so i can have a
> central location for all my stuff on the net, and maintain a web and email
> server or myself.  I've looked around a little, and some of the companies
> sites i've visited are quite expensive.Was wandering if anyone could
> recommend any companies they've maybe found good in the past or are with
> just now that aren't too expensive.I'm looking for a root server, I'm more
> of a windows server guy to be honest, but i DO want a *nix box, partly cuz
> their cheaper, and the fact i'm part of a linux usergroup.. so it would be
> also be a toy to play around with from that perspective too.  Also I noticed
> some places doing VPS, virtual private servers, which i assume are like
> virtual pc's, with serveral on teh one physical machine.. do these operate
> from my point of view, like any other root server, except that the resources
> may be shared between several of the companies customers.Hope someone can
> shed some light onto the si
> tuation, and help me get things running soon.Cheers,Bill
> > Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk

<generic witty comment>