[dundee] A Python got me by the Neck...

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 22:08:16 BST 2007

God, I'm tearing my hair out with this.

I'm trying to run a python script on boot using ubuntu, but it just does'nt want to start.

usually I'll make a script in /etc/init.d , the make a symbolic link from the runlevel I need to that in /etc/rc2.d/

but, the python script does'nt want to start. I think it may either be a enviroment problem , or python can't see the correct lib's when booting?

However, there is a script which starts a python printer daemon, I've copied that, and tried to make my python program run...

no luck...

any idea's. I've not got console access, so I'm not sure if I'm getting any nasty  errors messages on start.

any ideas linux heads?

Laters,
Lee