[dundee] Microsoft/Linux Equation

Gordon Dunlop gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 10:57:55 BST 2007

Hi All,

When Microsoft started these license agreements with Linux distros, the
reason given was that is was for to increase interoperability between
operating systems and hence a benefit to the customer that uses
heterogenious IT environments. Commentators have said Microsoft has a
hidden agenda and gave different reasons for this.

Now, what are the Taylug subscribers opinions of what Microsoft's hidden
agenda could be. I am sure we would get a lot of variance in opinion and
somewhere through it all snippets of truth would emerge helping to give
a clearer overall picture.