[dundee] Dedicated Servers

William Cameron bc_dundee at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:42:22 BST 2007

Hey Guys,I'm interested in getting a dedicated server so i can have a central location for all my stuff on the net, and maintain a web and email server or myself.  I've looked around a little, and some of the companies sites i've visited are quite expensive.Was wandering if anyone could recommend any companies they've maybe found good in the past or are with just now that aren't too expensive.I'm looking for a root server, I'm more of a windows server guy to be honest, but i DO want a *nix box, partly cuz their cheaper, and the fact i'm part of a linux usergroup.. so it would be also be a toy to play around with from that perspective too.  Also I noticed some places doing VPS, virtual private servers, which i assume are like virtual pc's, with serveral on teh one physical machine.. do these operate from my point of view, like any other root server, except that the resources may be shared between several of the companies customers.Hope someone can shed some light onto the situation, and help me get things running soon.Cheers,Bill