[dundee] Eben Moglen

Gordon Dunlop gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 23:37:42 BST 2007

I just got back from the Eben Moglen lecture, they had a reception half
an hour prior to the lecture offering wine and orange juice (no beer),
there were a few suits about (Solicitors). Bill and I bagged the best
seats, only a few feet in front of Eben, he was an exceptional speaker
not drawing breadth for about an hour. The Computer & Law Society
spokesman said it was one of the biggest turnouts for its annual lecture
(approx. 150 people) and asked who were not Solicitors. More than half
of the audience put there hands up. They videoed the lecture and they
will put it on their website at some point in time (do not know when).
Here is their website.

http://www.scl.org/event.asp?i=1559

The Computer & Law Society also gave other websites that people might
also be interested in visiting, here they are:

http://www.opensourcescotland.org/

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/

http://www.scottishopensourceawards.co.uk/

As you know the KDE World Academy is starting this weekend, here is the
programme for the developers conference starring Mark Shuttleworth.

http://akademy2007.kde.org/conference/programme.php

If anybody is going there that weekend I will probably see you as I am
helping out (I will probably get the job of cleaning the dishes!). I
will not see you a week on Thursday at Abertay Linux Society as I will
be having a graduation party so I will see you all at a later date.