[dundee] The Empire strikes back - FUD Wars Part 2

Arron Finnon arron.finnon at hotmail.co.uk
Tue May 15 12:16:27 BST 2007

I see this has popped it's ugly head once again.  I think i posted last
month about the site called "Show Us The Code" - (http://showusthecode.com/)
which has been campaigning since dancing monkey boy him self started making
claims about patent infringement.  All they have been asking is for Steve
Ballmer and his hoards at M$ to actually inform Linux users of this so
called infringements, but needless to say he's a little slow on the uptake
(which i have a feeling echo's through out ballmers life)

I think it has become overwhelmingly clear that Microsoft has no intentions
of helping remedy this situation (if in fact it actual exists) and cares not
a jot about actual infringement but more about hurting the open source
movement.  If it cared about it's patents it would work with people to
rectify this civil law issue, rather than threating they'll sue.  I think
the fact that it hasn't turned around and actually laid out their case, they
throw around magic number of 235 infringements but does anyone know what
they are?

I think the propaganda machine in richmond may at first may M$ in the short
term, and scare big companies (one or two have already showed their colours
and joined force's with the dark vada fleet who has intention of destroying
the rebel fleet) i think in the long term it builds the case that M$ has no
place in modern computing and that this is it's final fight.  (i have had
the conversation so many times in the past two months that i'm know worried
the M$ will be campaigning to get me moved to Guantanamo Mental Assylum and
issue me with a orange jump suite, for crimes against monopolistic regime
but then again i could just be getting over excited!  I do believe in a
world without wind0ze and gates, which nower-days makes me a communist i
think!)

To take on the open source and the free software movement both at the same
time and think it's going to boil down to patent infringement, lacks a
certain sense of realism.  I mean the devotion of the very people M$ are
taking on is well document, and most of these people coded a OS for fun and
freedom, we're does M$ think it's going to go with this.

Your also left thinking once it's been embroiled in numerous and unfruitful
battles with half of the fortune 500, plus the political wings of the EFF
and the FSF have had their turn (and if anyone thinks that RMS isn't up for
a good old argument with Ballmer and Gates, you need to read last months
posts), and then in the wingers the biggest rebel fleet ally there is
Google.  I mean if M$ are not careful their going to give the family jewels
away before they relies it.

Any way Finux Signing Off

Arron