[dundee] Re: The Empire strikes back - FUD Wars Part 2

Arron Finnon arron.finnon at hotmail.co.uk
Thu May 17 10:17:52 BST 2007

I tend to agree with Linus and i especially like the point about if we could
look at windows source codes we'd more than likely find plenty of patent
violations from the Richmond bunch.

All in all, i think that the OS war is close to being upon us, it just
details more and more that M$ see Linux as a bigger threat than anyone else.
  However what they seem to miss is it's not about the OS as such for most
but the philosophical stand point, freedom , and an enjoyment of computing
that can only be achieved by a Linux system (or dare i say GNU/Linux to
please the RMS's of the world and my new fav Unix-Like systems).

I think that they have been caught on patent disputes before, and the fact
they have not tried to limit the violations must stand to the point that
there is no loss for M$.  It's no surprise that when Sir Bill of Gates
stepped down, and left monkey boy with the keys to the company office this
has happened.

To me their statements are just pure suicidal, and i really can't imagine
"Billy Boy G" jeopardising his company in such away, the first mayor issue
was Ballmers choice of magazine to release such a dangerous statement.  It
thought that over half of the fortune 500 companies run some form of
open-source OS, and in the end 250 companies thinking that your company is
either losing, lost, monopolistic, greedy, bitter, or just ran by a dancing
monkey boy who has no idea can't be good for public relations.

I think if your a Linux user, you have been so used to thanking M$ for XP
for years for providing such a well thought out recruitment campaign for
linux, and now we have vista to thank as well.  Like i said i think the OS
wars are coming close to kicking off, and for once i don't think M$ money
will save them.  The thing M$ has needed for years is a usable OS and if it
didn't happen with Vista what chance have they got in the future.

Anyway i'll get off and stop my rant, but long live the Tux and down with
the dancing paper clips.

Arron