[dundee] Society Representation

<3 sauntering.with.scissors at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:04:48 GMT 2007

Hai guys!

As mentioned at the last meeting, I am now your lovely society
representative :)

This role entails me putting forward any views you have pertaining to the
society / open source software.
I will update you all on the dates of future student council meetings which
i will attend (I've left the sheet at home and cant seem to find any
information on the good old university portal)

 At the next meting i wish to further discuss the lack of support for
OpenOffice documents, and, to address any issues you may have. To enable me
to do this, please answer the following questions.

   1.

   Do you feel the society is supported by the university?
   1.

      e.g. Are there enough resources?
      2.

      Is there enough equipment?

       2.

   Do you feel your choice of not using propriety software is supported
   by the university?
   1.

      e.g. Do you find things are made more difficult for you?

       3.

   Do you feel there are any improvements the university could make with
   regards to open source software / the Linux society?

 I would also like to represent your views within the society. You are all
aware we are a new society and your views, suggestions and opinions can help
shape us into a great one.

   1.

   Do you like the style of the meetings?
   1.

      e.g. The 'lecture' format
      2.

      The introduction of flash talks
      3.

      Guest speakers

       2.

   Do you like the venue?

    3.

   Would you like to see the meetings in a different format?
   1.

      e.g. Lab group to bring in laptops

       4.

   Do you feel the membership fee is value for money?

    5.

   What kind of events would you like to be involved in as a society?

    6.

   We will be introducing Case badges, Laptop Stickers and T-shirts in
   the near future. Do you have any other super-cool merchandising ideas?

    7.

   Do you have any other suggestions or comments?

 There will soon be a dedicated and suitably humorous email address set up
for society representation, for the time being, please reply to
Sauntering.with.scissors at gmail.com

Regards
Jen
*cHix0r – Society Representative & Treasurer
thelinuxsociety.org.uk*