[dundee] Nvidia 3-D on Xen in Fedora

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 01:22:32 BST 2007

I read a little about this,
something about memory address vs virtual address, seems gfx drivers have HARDCODED memory address, so they are just not compatible with virtual address needed when running virtualised OS'es... you probably need to get the patch driver, to get the thing to work, and then it's going to be 'experimental'.. I particually intersted in geting xp virtual 3d working, so I can kiss goodbye to windows for ever!!!

it's comming....

Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net> wrote: On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:25:47 +0100, gordon dunlop wrote:

> This is a question that I want to put to Andrew Clayton, why does this

Me? Not sure why me particularly, but what the hey!

> not work? Patches have been produced but does not work, in Fedora 5 &
> 6 all I got was blank screen, in Fedora 7 Xen I can get something
> slightly discoloured,  what is happening with the X-server in
> relation to this. This is the time to ask the expert? , I am all ears
> let us all know.

Hmm, I guess your using the nvidia binary drivers... maybe you the ask
the experts at nvidia.

> Gordon

Andrew

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk