[dundee] Gutsy Gibbon Upgrade

David Thornton Snr davidthorntonsnr at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 23:34:14 BST 2007

Hi all,
I have today installed the above over the network using "update-manager -d" from the command Alt+F2. It took about 11/2hr but, the result is great at the moment, had to fiddle about with my Nvidia dvr and monitor  but that was no real bother.
The link is http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/710rc
for anyone wishing to have a peak, if you've not already done so.
Our home network is running 3 PC's
1st) my daughters running XP,
2nd) my sons' running Vista (don't ask me why...I don't know! In a moment of madness 1 to many 1664's..........)
3rd)  mine, have one HD (250gig) with LinuxMint and a second with Unbuntu 7.04 (80gig)

I made up a external switch so i could 'switch-on' either drive, without going into the box
But i do have a question,
How easy is it to move Ubuntu over to the other HD which has plenty of room or, would it be easier to
 just do a clean install on the other HD, as i would have to mount it first which I assume would be the easy bit. I have Mint running very nicely and don't want to over-write it.
I would like to use the other to use as a server, ( never done it but want to try)

Last thought...I was on a site that had LUG's logo's on but can't remember where....thinking maybe put DLUG's one on?

Dave Thornton
I'm learning all the time with Linux

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/