[dundee] Grub questions

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:54:33 BST 2007

the meathod i used was a secondary menu. using a secondary config lst.
eg

### SUB MENU OPTIONS
title Submenu -> More boot options
lock
configfile /boot/grub/options.lst

where options menulist has your single user or other details.

not perfect but its a start.

On 9/11/07, Nistur <nistur at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I was just sitting in the library, waiting for another batch of freshers
> to come and I was thinking, is it possible to hide grub entries until a
> password is entered? I currently have an md5 password hash in grub.confand 4 entries, ArchLinux, ArchLinux Single User (locked), Windows XP and one
> that reboots the system.
> Ideally I'd like to hide the single user entry untill the password is
> entered, as it's locked until then anyways. Googling brings up very little.
> Anyone know anything about this?
>
> Thanks
> Nistur

Umbrella Corporation :-
"They are the fear within all of that there is a company. The Corporation
controlling everything that is Umbrella.
A combination of Microsoft and the US Military. At some level there is a
board of directors who meet once a
month and decide all of our fates."
-- Jeremy Bolt - Producer - Resident Evil : Apocalypse