[dundee] Upgrading PHP version

gordon dunlop gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 15:42:35 BST 2007

No need to use the Fedora 7 repos as there is a Fedora 6 php rpm.
A guide
http://www.paulbenetis.com/2007/08/17/how-to-upgrade-php-on-fedora-6-core-actually-most-of-the-distros/

The rpm link - search for php-5.2
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3

Obviously there are a lot of dependencies such as httpd, php-common
php-cli and various libraries (I do not know what you have got already
installed). If you install php with rpm it will tell you the missing
packages so that you can download and install them . As long as there
are not a lot of packages (I reckon it should only be php, php-common &
php-cli - remember to install them in the correct order), it should be
okay, I used to do this with Xen.

Gordon