Re: [dundee] Micosoft tactics - To keep University students locked in

Daniel Lamb daniel.lamb at dlcomputing.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 14:11:27 BST 2007

Also it means they get you used to office quirks and features and when they are then faced with something like openoffice they freak out so businesses keep buying it, this is also applicable to windows, ms give it free to schools get them into it and many people stick with it for life, which is why now linux has a massive opertunity to be pushed as users have to learn a new os anyway so they will be more open to learning a superior os.
Daniel