[dundee] Microsoft tactics - Universities

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 13:52:15 BST 2007

well said Gordon..

say it all really.

as Steve said, free software is communism!!

I love this 'money'

gordon dunlop <gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: I think we all should have a freedom of choice so if an individual
prefers Windows that's O.K. What we are talking about here is a having a
level playing field for operating systems. If Universities and students
had to pay the full whack for licenses like what businesses and Joe
public does, open source would be seriously considered. How much is
Microsoft acting like a global government where it decides who is
subsidising whom, ie Businesses and Joe Public subsidising Academic
Institutions and personnel for their own selfish agenda (irrespective
whether you agree or disagree with this policy), at least in democratic
governments people have a chance to vote every few years and give their
say on incumbent policies.

gordon