[dundee] GP2X

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 29 14:47:38 BST 2007

I was talking to James the other day about the GP2X
I just received an email from the official distributer in the UK as I
already have one and seem to be on their mailing list.
They have a new model out
(I hate it when they do this!)
http://www.gp2x.co.uk/
Go have a look, it now has touch screen and actually looks like it might
be capable of something decent.
James was talking about having it at freshers to try and get interest
but I pointed out that, while it does have the capacity to do great
things, there's nothing impressive, to the uneducated spectator at
least, about what it has. I can run a NES emulator on my phone for
example. I did sort of get a PSX emulator working with the original
driver game, however the framerate was slow and had horizontal lines
across the screen. It has the capability of a full speed PSX emulator
supposedly but noone has yet made one.

Just incase anyone was interested