[dundee] Taylug Weekly Articles 8 - POMS

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:50:01 GMT 2008

Well i'm going to go out on a limb here, but i would argue that this is
more to do with a proprietary based nature of M$ code, where as Linux is
a peer based review system with direct involvement from testers to
developers.  Open standards is in most parts is a common security
ground, such as cryptography, or holistic virus checking software.
Peerage review in most parts is a standard in the open source community,
where as MS isolates it's self from such forward facing critique.  I
agree that it is unfair to use the Linux is more secure OS than Windows,
however i have a sneaky feeling that we agree for differing reasons.
Until it can be vetted line by line in direct comparison with other
operating systems.  Then the best we can do is hypothesis