[dundee] Taylug Weekly Articles 8 - POMS

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 2 16:43:10 GMT 2008

The Coverity study has inspected the Linux kernel, applications etc
and their statistics have been acknowledged in their accuracy. So
Linux has been thoroughly tested openly and the data being published.
The only unknown quantities are with Windows systems because they are
closed and Microsoft will not let anyone do analysis therefore it is
only guesswork and conjecture on the number of bugs per lines of code
within their systems. So Microsoft cannot claim it is more secure as
it is not open for scrutiny and therefore cannot prove it. At least
open source can say to the users of their software here is the data on
how buggy our systems are, users are being presented with facts and
not propaganda.

Gordon

http://www.internetnews.com/stats/article.php/3589361