[dundee] M$-hoo bad for FOSS

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:24:52 GMT 2008

You are right and this is how it happened from our undercover FOSS reporter.

Seemingly Michael Dell has got Ubuntu on his laptop, he went to party
in Switzerland over a week ago, it was held in Billy Boy's honour with
Bono and Tony Blair attending as well. It went like this:

Mikey - Hey Billy Boy seem my new, cool laptop with spinning cube.
Billy - Hey that's swell what is that?
Mikey - Ubuntu, an O.S. for human beings.
Billy - Can I buy the company?
Mikey - No it is Linux, but I could put it on your laptop.
Billy - Sure, but don't tell anyone. For human beings?, Steve can't have this.
Mikey - I will put a Windows Vista background on it and nobody will know.
Bono - Cool, can I make up a passionate song about this and give the
proceeds to Africa?
Mikey - Sure, Ubuntu is an African word and it rhymes with U2.
Tony - Can I give a talk about it for £100,000 and give the money to my wife?
Mikey - Yeah, as long as you mention Dell is shipping with this on our laptops.
Billy -  Please Mikey put it on now for me so I can play with it!
Mikey - Sure Bill, but this is supposed to be your party.
Billy - I don't care, I think I am in love.

These events cannot be verified without revealing the mystery identity
of the undercover FOSS reporter, just take my word for it.

Gordon