[dundee] Database front end - any ideas?

Gary Short gary at garyshort.org
Fri Feb 8 16:18:19 GMT 2008

<3 wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> A bunch of us have a database project to do and I was wondering if
> anyone had any ideas for what we could use as a front end?
>
> We were thinking of maybe a having web interface. I believe the back end
> has to be Oracle. Preferably cross platform (mixture of windows, linux
> and OS X developers), and also if it requires an install it should be
> something we can all get our hands on easily.
>
> I dont know a whole lot about databases.. but am always interested in
> learning something new and interesting.
>
> All ideas welcome!
> -Jen

Web front end will be faster (to develope) and easier to get hold of.
I'd go for something that has scaffolding that way the heavy lifting is
done for you. Something like Ruby on Rails or CodeIgniter for PHP would
be great places to start. Mind you, I'm not sure about Oracle support,
you'd have to check as I've only used MySQL with these frameworks.

--
Cheers,
Gary