[dundee] Database front end - any ideas?

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 19:40:16 GMT 2008

We decided to use Oracle version 9i as version 10g was a memory hog. I
used it on SuSE Linux, I have a howto somewhere. Oracle Linux versions
was designed to run on Enterprise class systems i.e. Fedora, SuSE (my
two most familiar Linux distros). I think it should run on Debian,
google for a howto in Ubuntu. I had it on my workstation, my mate did
put an Oracle windows version on his laptop (bought in 2005). It
worked O.K. but he had to shut off the Oracle start-up via the system
start in services as it took away a lot of memory on booting his
laptop. So it worked fine after that. Here is the link to the 9i
edition
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html
Like I what said to Jen if any Taylug student wants to borrow any
database or Oracle text books I will bring them into you next
Thursday. Depending on what your laptop hardware
is, Oracle might or might not run on it.

Gordon