[dundee] Get patchin!

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 13:15:36 GMT 2008

if only you could reload a kernel with out rebooting?

<thinks to myself....that's impossible>

perhaps you could save the kernel state as an xml file,

and then load it back in when you restart the kernel.

I trhink I must be drinking too much coffee...

I see you have an opening for a CCNAer in your midst, shall apply? ;-)

can't you just compile with vmsplice disabled? I don't think very many
things use it? (performance related) I may however be wrong.

Laters,
Lee

Jason Cormie <Jason-lug at wormwood666.demon.co.uk> wrote: Lee Hughes wrote:
> Jason, your debian system is quite safe, I can't actually log into it at the
> moment with a valid user name and password, now that's security. ;-).
> Helpdesk
> are on it, but it's the Spanish inquisition, 'what exactly do you want to
> use ssh for, they say'...at this point I just gave up.

Thats what I get for jumping the gun, the first patch released causes
instability, their is another one out  should have just rebuild the kernel and
rebooted

:-(

--
Jason Cormie