[dundee] Parser howto... possibly including bisons so watch out!

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:33:01 GMT 2008

I've not had chance to use it yet, but have taken an interest in
Ragel, which has been used successfully by several projects, including
Mongrel, hpricot and many others...  It's based on  state machines and
will generate code for many languages including C,C++, Java, Ruby,
Python etc...

http://www.cs.queensu.ca/~thurston/ragel/

More suitable might be ANTLR, which appears to have excellent
documentation and even a book available.  I believe this is what is
used by groovy, the scripting language for the JVM, and many other
projects.  It currently generates Java, C#, C++, and Python:

http://www.antlr.org/

R.