[dundee] Linux kernel updates

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:43:33 GMT 2008

Here is the end of the day results:
Vendors that have patched - Fedora, Linux Mint, openSuSE 10.3,
Mandriva 2008 & PCLinuxOS 2007.

Vendors that have not patched - Xandros & Sabayon.
I did get an update though for Samba in Xandros (re - previous Asus posts).

Thanks to Jason for posting the news as it came out, it allowed me to
monitor the different responses of the system and Linux Vendors. The
thing is that this vulnerability was not critical:
http://secunia.com/advisories/28835/

What shows us all is how Linux responds to security unlike a
proprietary company that waits until the 2nd Tuesday of the month to
produce patches for CRITICAL flaws within their systems. What do you
think which set of users feel more safer? Windows users or Linux
users? I will keep people informed of the Xandros & Sabayon updates.
Can any other users of distros that I have not mentioned here e.g.
Gentoo, ArchLinux & Slackware etc. let me know of their patch
situation please.

Gordon