[dundee] Sun buys VirtualBox

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:59:10 GMT 2008

I personally use Oracle, I do like it. Oracle has a company do provide
quite an amount of code to the Linux kernel, its Chief Development
Officer is also a Linux kernel janitor. Now here is the problem, like
all large companies they seem to attract oddballs as their head e.g.
Steve Ballmer of Microsoft. In this case the head is Larry Ellison:

He hates Microsoft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssX4RL24HT4

This is his lifestyle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4kvtkGCHXk

He has an unhealthy obsession with Red Hat, I bet he has a Fedora
desktop and goes to bed with a Red Hat t-shirt and Red Stetson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6WCRA4kSKY

People thought he was going to buy Red Hat, instead he just took the
Red Hat source code and called it Unbreakable Linux (Red Hat clone),
he only got a copy and not the real thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zViq3jKohgg&feature=related

Oracle's aspirations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLOuODtGBuA

Gordon