[dundee] Cluster a go go..

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 13:41:07 GMT 2008

I done my power budgets? If that's what you mean?

I had a interesting talk about cooling, suggestion from for just fans,
water cooling, to using butane gas (in liquid form)....

I've seen the

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

but, I don't fancy dunking everything in goopey stuff ..

How would one go about super cooling mineral oil?

Anyone, know stuff about water cooling, or alternative cooling projects.

Cheers,
Lee

Martin Habets <errandir_news at mph.eclipse.co.uk> wrote: 8 psu's... hope you've got a spare curcuit available.
8 gfx cards... do you plan to attach 8 monitors as well?

Martin

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 09:42:53AM +0000, Lee Hughes wrote:
> I'm looking to build a small cluster of 8 pc's...
>
> Anyone know where I could get a good deal on
>
> 8xmobo,cpu,ram,psu,gfx card,tft?
>
> I don't mind older stuff, so if some know where I can get some older
> hardware from let me know.
>
> Also, anyone good at woodwork?
>
> Cheers,
> Lee