[dundee] DD imaging RAM

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Sat Feb 16 13:55:20 GMT 2008

http://linux.conf.au/programme/detail?TalkID=204

> find . -exec grep "linux" '{}' \; -print
>
> recursive  find  of 'string'  in a files, you can use barry's new
> found regext skills to find what every you want.
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3778

A pair of useful find commands to fix up file/directory permissions...
(tweak the chmod commands to suit your needs)

find . -type d -exec chmod 2770 {} \;
find . -type f -exec chmod 660 {} \;

If you do a lot of rpm building, then maybe you don't want to do it as
root. Setup a rpm build environment in your home directory

mkdir -p redhat/{BUILD,RPMS/{i386,i686,noarch,x86_64},SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}
echo "%_topdir /home/$USER/redhat/" >> .rpmmacros

Now when you do a rpm -ivh somepackage.src.rpm it will install into
your own SOURCES  directory.

cd redhat/SPECS && rpmbuild -bb somepackage.spec will give you your rpms
under the appropriate arch directory.

You could even create a rpm build user specifically for such things...

Andrew