[dundee] virtual win in a copy2ram?

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:23:05 GMT 2008

A case scenario, I have got a 64-bit cpu running a 64-bit Linux system. My
motherboard , ASUS NVidia Nforce4 (socket939) can only support a maximum of
4GB of RAM, due to the limitations of the chipset it will equate to approx.
3.7 or 3.8 GB of RAM. A windows XP VM with basic applications & anti-spyware
etc is around 6GB (as a rule of thumb), a large footprint. In order to run
that VM in RAM you need to have a 64-bit cpu with a motherboard that has at
least 8GB of RAM in conjunction with a Linux 64-bit operating system prior
to trying see if it works. I will tell you that Linux is far superior in
running 64-bit systems, windoze is asleep here.

Gordon