[dundee] archive/backup my /home to DVD help please

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 24 19:19:46 GMT 2008

Distro? what do you mean what distro? it's command line? gnu tar.

tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.18
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

Chad Wollenberg <chad at linuxbasement.com> wrote: What distro Lee? Since you only have 20 gigs you might just want to take the easy route and just burn 5 dvds of straight data, don't worry about compression.