[dundee] Image hard drive to file

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 01:47:06 GMT 2008

P e d a n t i c.

Robert McWilliam <rmcw at allmail.net> wrote: On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:29:10 +0000 (GMT), "Lee Hughes"
 said:
> think next time? is this a wind up?

I was wondering the same about your responses.

> ask a few professional unix admins, and get back to me with the results?

I don't care how many professional admins tell me I can't image a
mounted partition that isn't going to make it true. Being mounted isn't
the thing that can make the image screwed up it is the fs changing while
you are imaging it, unmounting isn't the only way to stop a fs changing.

> it's your data, do what you want with it ;-).
>
> just do advise people to do that, because

Has a "not" gone missing or is looking like silly head (twice)
desirable?
Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk