[dundee] Image hard drive to file

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 01:55:29 GMT 2008

I've been trying to avoid touching this topic with a 40 foot pole, but
Lees right I agree with what he said lots of things happen even when
the file system appears idle.

Also Sysadmins generally pick the easiest and most efficient method.
Perhaps you have imaged an active filesystem hundreds of times but if
that one time something goes wrong... bye bye mailboxes... bye bye
database and well you get the idea. Perhaps it is being overcautious
but just think of it as preventative maintenance.

Kris