[dundee] Image hard drive to file

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Mon Feb 25 03:59:41 GMT 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 03:00:44 +0000, "Kris Davidson"
<davidson.kris at gmail.com> said:
> I should shouldn't say this, I should just leave it alone but,
>
> You can drive a car with your feet, that doesn't make it a good idea

I don't think anyone would claim imaging an fs that is mounted rw is a
good idea, but being a bad idea doesn't make it impossible, which is
whagt Lee said, and what I object to.

If you say it's impossible and people try it and find it to be possible
then they might well get bitten by the fact it is a bad idea, that might
produce corrupt data sometimes. Surely it is better to give the accurate
information and explain that it might be a bad idea?
Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Everything should be made as simple as possible - but no simpler.
	-- Albert Einstein