[dundee] Project: Python/Zork/IRC

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 03:58:52 GMT 2008

Lee was talking to me on IRC about creating a Python IRC bot wrapper
for Zork to allow collaborative play in a channel.

I'm still learning Python; Its on my big and ever expanding list of
things I need to do and learn. Anyway I was thinking the easiest way
to do this is to get the Python IRC bot to run Zork then read/write
from stdout/stdin to the IRC channel. I'm guessing the Subprocess
module is the way to go.

But I'd like to tap into the lists repository of knowledge and ask:

Is this possible?
Has it been done already? either in Python or another language
Is there something similar already out there?
Would anyone like to help?

Kris