[dundee] NoHelpDesk

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:46:22 GMT 2008

i agree the problem all be it a wider one is a battle we will always face as
there is always a cost in changing any product.
hence the need to persuade theses companies that it is in there interest and
cab be extremely financially viable.

as i see the current problem with blackboard and webct is not a problem of
source code due the fact that the javascript and html source code is
available via the old trusted method of view source option available in all
browsers.

thus getting to my point is something that in itself can be modified by use
of greasmonkey plugin available for firefox.

Greasemonkey scripts have been used to mofdify existing websites without
directly modifinig the site itself.

for example the job center plus site contained ie specific javascript which
caused there job search page to fail to function in Firefox. Ok in this case
it was only a three line rewrite to fix the code.

so there is nothing to stop anyone from finding the errors in the code and
rewriting it with a greasmonkey script.
also greasmokey scripts can utilise ajax to enhance the site too.