[dundee] OLPC BBC report

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:01:46 GMT 2008

Okay as Arrons already covered the socio-economic stuff, heres my opinion:

The Tin Foil hat argument, although I've used it jokingly in the past
and without getting too heavy is really just another way to dehumanise
and marginalise a group.

Next .NET has excellent marketing as people seem to think it can do
anything, I admit its a decent technology but its just another byte
code / virtual machine language.

Moving on just because a lot of people do or use something doesn't
make it better after that bastion of innovation, the established
business world there not open to sales, marketing or partnership
tactics at all.

Finally, its hard for me not classify you as a troll. You seem to have
an obvious and vested interest in .NET, in fact you trade on it.
Therefore why join a Linux discussion although I'm sure anyone is
welcome, it just seems odd.

Kris (Tin Foil hat firmly in place deflecting CIA transmissions)