[dundee] Java Benchmarks

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 14:31:45 BST 2008

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:21:15 +0000 (GMT)
Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Wow, welcome to java world.
>
> I've seen some interesting benchmarks from the new java.... shall
> we convert the world to java... ?? I think we should...

I've been doing a lot of work for the Gentoo Java team this past month.
I've rewritten the eclass I wrote a couple of years ago to build
Eclipse plugins from source using Portage. That's involved bumping and
adding a lot of other Java packages too. I haven't really written any
Java since university but I think it's true to say that many of the
Gentoo Java team only have a passing interest in the language itself! I
still like the language but I'm not sure what I would use it for at the
moment.

James