[dundee] Hardy Heron unstable with NVIDIA proprietary drivers

Simon Wells swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Jun 8 17:57:56 BST 2008

Hi Dave,

Should have mentioned that there weren't any problems withNVIDIA
proprietary and Gutsy on the same machine which made me wonder whether
it might be a Hardy specific problem. Not really eager to get to the
bottom of this was just curious whether anybody else had experienced
similar. It is the first time I have experienced hard lockups of this
type with a Linux box, I thought Linux was not supposed to do that.

Simon