[dundee] Open Source Impact on Tools

David Thornton Snr davidthorntonsnr at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 11:54:38 BST 2008

Discussing his company's decision to make the personal edition of Una
free, De Goes said in the Q&A: "We never intended Personal Edition
to be free. Years of work and cutting-edge research went into this
editor, and it rivals, even surpasses, commercial editors that are
selling for $100, $200 even $400 a pop. Even though it wasn't our
primary goal, we realized that we produced a standalone editor of great
value, and we hoped to use Personal Edition to subsidize some of the
costs of developing Una."

http://blogs.eweek.com/developing_stories/content/open_source_impact_on_tools.html?sp=0&kc=EWKNLLIN061708FEA1