[dundee] Get The Brand New Firefox 3.0 Now!

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 01:53:11 BST 2008

2008/6/20 Digit (SG) <digit.siljrath at googlemail.com>:
> can you imagine if neither had come about?    we'd all be stuck with mac v
> win again.    aaaaaargh!

Would we though?!  I mean if it weren't for GNU and BSD would NeXT
have been able to get as far as they did and eventually become OS X?

RMS wrote much of the Objective C GCC compiler which now ships with
Apple's XCode as the core of their developer tools, and we all know
how much Apple/NeXT took from BSD!

So if it weren't for the FLOSS would there really be any competition
in the OS market at all?  I guess Apple could have got where they are
today by buying BeOS, but then they wouldn't have had Jobs's reality
distortion field to help them!

R.