[dundee] multi boot

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 30 20:44:31 BST 2008

Slightly connected with my last thread. I'm going to reformat my PC. It's a
mess and I need *shudder* Vista for DX10 programming next year and I'm
currently backing things up and planning my install procedures. So far I can
forsee a few problems and I wondered whether anyone knew if they were
fixable.
I'm wanting to definately have Vista, Linux of some flavour, XP, BSD and
possibly try OSx86 as it claims to work on my hardware (we shall see) I do
not however want the Windows bootloader asking me whether I want Vista or XP
after going past grub. Does anyone know any way of installing Vista and XP
so that they have separate bootloaders? I'm not quite sure how this would
work. Was considering installing one, changing the filesystem type with a
liveCD and installing the other, but this will probably mess up windows
drive letters and things.
Does anyone know of any way of installing the two and having them have their
own boot loaders that grub can chainload?

Nistur