[dundee] Kilcreggan, Argyl (near Helensburgh)

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 09:34:41 UTC 2008

Oh yes, that sounds familiar, hence the passing off to a geographically close
person to at least set up the Internet connection. My suspicion is that they
have not even got an ISP and don't know that one is required, but I could be
wrong and perhaps they have a viral problem that is blocking the connection: a
physical presence is needed in either case.

I have been on-site for a customer who complained that their broadband was
slow - it turned out that the broadband connection and router were in place,
but that the customer was still using their old POTS modem, as they had been
informed that 'your connection has been upgraded to broadband' but the
engineer had not connected their PC (not his job, really).