[dundee] Naming Conventions

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Wed Oct 8 10:15:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 05:22:56PM +0100, Kris Davidson wrote:
> I can't name anything, I'll take an hour or so struggling to come up
> with a name for something or even worse a scheme. Then just after I've
> used it I'll decide its crap, anyway just wondering what everyone uses
> for their naming schemes. Particularly naming servers, network devices
> and workstations but anything really.
>
> I've tried using here as a guide http://namingschemes.com/Main_Page
> and in the past I've used Norse gods & mythology and Babylon 5

I also struggle to come up with names, so I started using the output
of a random word generator[1]. This works fine most of the time but
occasionally someone comes up with a weird pronunciation for one of
the machines and no one else knows what they're talking about.

    Robert

[1] List of systems and a link to the generator:
http://ormiret.com/?q=node/20