[dundee] ipw2200, unlucky for some, i would say

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:37:00 UTC 2008

In theory you can't use certain channels or configurations, assuming
you've tried or done this already but use channels 1, 6 or 11 if there
not taken, try the laptop right next to the access point, check
nothing in the area is using the 2.4GHz band, change the type of
encryption. If the AP supports it boost the power, most default to 28
mW, they can go up to 251 mW. I find 42 mW is a reasonable setting as
the card has to talk back also.

I'm using the ipw2200 driver with my Dell XPS laptop, been working
fine for a while. I had to do some firmware stuff way back when I
first used it though but subsequent versions have been easier to
configure.

Kris