[dundee] Hi all...

daniel forse danladi- at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 12:49:16 UTC 2008

Thought I'd make a quick post to introduce myself.

My name is Dan, I'm a new student to abertay university, new resident to dundee and indeed a new member to the linux society.
I'm studying Ethical Hacking like some of the other guys and thouroughly enjoying it so far. I came along to the last meeting with the talk from the software freedom day - very interesting indeed. I think the most worrying thing about it is that DRM is only going to affect people that want to do things legally. pirates will continue to use cracked software and continue to not get caught...

I'm pretty into gaming, mainly PC online-gaming. I play the usual counterstrike, battlefield 2142 and suchlike. I also spend/waste (depending on your viewpoint :P ) a lot of my time on World of Warcraft. I guess after that, eating and sleeping are pretty high up there on my top activities. I like to walk as well, did quite a lot of hiking+camping back home so I hope to do some more of that here at some point.

With regards to my Linux knowledge - it's pretty basic. I can use it to do the majority of IT-related tasks that i need to do with it, but I'm pretty clueless as to the inner-workings of it. I'm running windows xp on my desktop and ubuntu on my laptop.

This is also kind-of a test to see if I'm subscribed to the mailing list, so it will either serve as an introduction, or pretty much bugger-all.

seeya :)