[dundee] Open Office - Baby Steps

Mark burtiebob at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 14:32:53 UTC 2008

Like the title change, funny as I was thinking about making BIG steps.....

1 -  How much does it cost the University IT department per student taking into account Hardware, Software (licenses and support) and Internal staffing costs.
2 -  How much would it cost to provide each student with a Linux based laptop with some support.

If (1 > 2 response = Yippee)
Else response = pooPants

Just another tangent on the subject of documents.
All this talk about formatting being messed up reminds me of some Uni buddies who would create an outstanding looking GUI in Java and then have zero functionality as they hadn't written any working code.
If you have a working document should you really be worried about how pretty it looks until it's complete, surely the content is more important than presentation when creating......

Mark