[dundee] Open Office - Baby Steps

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 18 21:18:48 UTC 2008

2008/10/18 Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk>:

> One of the things I really wanted was room dedicated to open source
> solutions,
> a room,a few pc's and a couple of server, all tied up and a working live
> example of the
> 'open source' office... where people could go , unsupported of course, but
> could
>  experiment , learn and do work in a open way (a uni hacklab (not hack as in
> cracking...)....)

Lee, do you dare breathe the obvious where you can have an open source
lab where software and intellectual freedom can prevail. Where people
can have freedom in thought and do research that can benefit everyone.
The University of Abertay Dundee  slogan is "Breaking Barriers", guess
what barrier they truly have to break.