[dundee] Opinionated much?

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 22 09:48:26 UTC 2009

2009/4/22 Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net>

> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:23:08 +0100, Robert Ladyman wrote:
>
> > Can you get AppArmour to run on Fedora? It has a 'learning' mode
> > which can help.

   No, it has not been ported to Fedora as this was Novell's answer to
SELinux using file paths (much better) rather than file labels. Fedora is
sticking to SELinux.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppArmor

> You might have better luck with TOMOYO which has been merged for 2.6.30
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/277833/
>
> http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_30#head-eeb259e0ba81d96d59015b8f79456d9a5283c650
>
>     This TOMOYO looks good for the future now that it is merged with the
2.6.30 kernel, if you ever test it out Andrew let us know your opinion of
it.
     I have decided that I will not bother with SELinux or other similar
security setup for the website as it is rather a bit overkill. I just took
the opportunity to have a look at SELinux to see if it had been made any
easier. Unfortunately it has not and getting back to the original post on
security v user freedom it seems there is no middle ground here, either toal
protection or no protection at all. Thanks for all the suggestions, it is
much appreciated.

Gordon