[dundee] Broadband Providers

lug at seany.us lug at seany.us
Thu Feb 5 14:09:15 UTC 2009

Hi Simon,

We're using Demon.net and have been for over a year - whats your gripes with them? Appear to get full line speed at least 80% of the time (both ways) and have 64 IPs with full rDNS control all for the bargain price of £47/month

Our second line is via Spitfire.co.uk - they provide interesting packages such as SDSL Dualstream for £85/month (2mbit SDSL + 2mbit ADSL). Have also been with Spitfire about a year, the good thing about them is its fully UK based and you always receive professional support and a real SLA. The phone line is also with Spitfire which gives them the ability to sort problems quicker (within 4 hours?).

The Spitfire connection does outperform the Demon connection.. never had less than 800KB/s even on their £29/month "unmetered" package. They do have a fair use policy, but only to protect their asses - we use at *least* 250GB per month with them for daily data backups.

If Spitfire sounds intersting I can pass you over to them (oh joy commission :p)

Regards,
Sean McRobbie