[dundee] Broadband Providers

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 19:12:01 UTC 2009

Again, all Isp are pretty much the same, they don't want you to draw any
bandwidth. So the only think that really differs with them are extra gimmicks
such as free email, web , news access etc etc.

I guess support is the main thing, so if things go down, they can back you up.

smaller isp are usually better than the the whole sale lot, so go for the underdog!!

I'd certainly investigate h2o  networks too, because transmitting data over copper wires
is so 1960's.

my personal favourites are

newnet
zen
demon
any that metion they support linux users...

but beware of speeds, adsl is really just like two cups and a piece of string, of you've
got a bad line, or are far away from the exchange, expect it to die like a dodo.

even if you managed to get that far, if the local atm pop which bt back hauls
data back to the isp, (at considerable cost) is over loaded then your also buggered.

I think it's impossible to get 1:1 adsl connection in the whole of the UK!